Special Vintage Bus Services
Vintage buses: These are defined as passenger transport vehicles which have their engine compartment situated in front of the windscreen, and were:
- Manufactured and registered in Malta as motor route buses prior to the 1st of January, 1960, and were registered as such for at least 5 consecutive years prior to the 19th of May, 2009; or
- Manufactured prior to the 1st of January, 1960 and registered in Malta as motor vehicles for the carriage of passengers prior to the 1st of January, 1992; and were registered in Malta for at least 5 consecutive years prior to the 19th of May, 2009 and may carry not more than 30 passengers.
- Their registration number should include a letter followed by the letters XY followed by 3 numbers.
The driver operating the service shall need to be in possession of a Driver Permit Tag. For more information please click here
Vintage buses may be operated to render the following services:
- Sightseeing Transport Services
- Special Vintage Bus Services, operated under a temporary licence granted by Transport Malta to operate a service consisting of either 1 single trip or one return trip, subject to certain conditions stipulated in Regulation 68P of the Passenger Transport Services Regulations (S.L 499.56)
Page last updated: 02/08/2022