Scrapping of Vehicles
Documents required when scrapping a vehicle:
- Application form VEH 013;
- Vehicles registration certificate (log book);
- Vehicles road licence - Licence is charged pro-rata if expired;
- Vehicles registration plates;
- Cancellation of hire purchase (if applicable);
- Destruction Certificate issued by a licensed treatment facility (applicable to M1 and N1 Vehicles only);
- An administration fee of 10.
Documents required when scrapping a vehicle whose owner is benefitting from the Scrappage Scheme:
- Application Form VEH 038;
- Application Form VEH 051 if the applicant is also benefitting from the scheme for the purchase of electric or plugin hybrid vehicles;
- Copy of the owners Identify Card.
For information about payment methods accepted by Transport Malta refer here.
Page last updated: 18/11/2022