Transport Malta Payment Methods
Payments for services rendered by Transport Malta may be effected through any of the following options:
- Debit or credit cards;
- Cheques in the case of payments exceeding 20 but not exceeding 1,500;
- Bank drafts;
- Bank transfers (Relevant IBAN number to be provided by Transport Malta unit rendering the service); or
- Bill Payment Facilities, through BOV and HSBC online banking services. KINDLY FOLLOW BELOW GUIDELINES:
- Indicate the code of the service being requested, using the list below (e.g. V01 when registering a vehicle, G03 for transactions related to Vehicle Hire Services);
- Indicate the ID Card Number of the person, or the Registration Number of the Company requesting the service. If you are paying for someone else, include the ID Number of that person;
CASH PAYMENTS ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE FOR ANY SERVICE RENDERED BY THE AUTHORITY
|Registration of Vehicles.
|Change of Ownerships requiring Plates.
|Re-Issue of Vehicle Registration Certificates.
|Re-Issue of Vehicle Licence Discs.
|Issue of Plates including cases of Lost Plates.
|Payment of Arrears.
|Change of Engine/Body types/Colour.
|Collection of VRT Certificates or Licence Renewals.
|Deposit, collection & processing of driving learners permits.
|Deposit, collection & processing of driving test applications.
|Change of motoring schools.
|Theory Test related queries.
|Driving License alterations - change of address surname etc...
|International Driving Permits.
|License revocations (submission or collection).
|Seat belt exemptions (deposits/collection).
|Services related to Vintage Vehicles.
|Transactions related to Light Passenger Transport Services.
|Transactions related to Vehicle Hire Services.
|Services related to Driver Tags.
|Services related to Carriage of Passengers Operator Licence.
|Services related to MicroMobility Operator Licence.
|Mileage maintenance of vehicles.
|Release of information on towed or impounded vehicles.
|Inspection of Vehicles.
|Licences and Driving Licences for Animal-drawn vehicle.
|Road Haulage Licences.
|ADR and ATP Vehicles.
|ADR Driver Certificates.
Page last updated: 04/07/2022