The Public Transport service on the islands of Malta and Gozo generally operates daily between 5:30 and 23:00hrs.
There is a total of 80 different routes that link the different localities in Malta to either major hubs such as Valletta, Mater Dei Hospital and the Airport or to other destinations. In Gozo 15 different routes operate primarily from the central hub of Victoria Bus Station to various localities on the island.
One or two digit routes denote routes that operate to and from Valletta from the different localities.
Express routes are designated with an "X". These routes have limited stops and operate to and from the Airport from different localities.
Three digit routes link different localities together . In most cases these routes do not serve Valletta.
For further information relating to the different scheduled public transport routes please:
- Call the operators Customer Services helpline on 21222000
- Access the operators website - www.publictransport.com.mt
- Operators email address - email@example.com
Time table information for the different routes can be viewed by clicking the following link.
Plan your journey by accessing the same website and choose Journey Planner.
Buses in use on the service are of the low floor type making these vehicle fully accessible to persons with mobility impairments. Each bus has specifically designated seating for persons with mobility impairments, pregnant women, the elderly and persons carrying young children.
On board buses
Besides being accessible, buses are fully air conditioned, are equipped with audio announcements and electronic information panels highlighting the next bus stop.
Ticketing and Fares
Maximum fares are regulated by Transport Malta. There are different options as to how and where one can purchase bus tickets.
Every bus stop has :
- Bus stop pole;
- Flag (the upper part of the pole) which displays the name of the stop (for easy reference) and the locality. It also displays the route numbers that stop on the bus stop
- Time tables of the routes served on this stop;
- On major bus stops one will also find Geographical Maps illustrating the position of the bus stop and close landmarks together with street names and the fares applicable.
All Interchanges (bus stops where one can change on to another destination) have Real Time Information Panels. These electronic panels illustrate the estimated time of arrival of the next two trips.
Last Updated: 01/04/2020