What you need: Registration of a self-built small ship for own personal use
Registration of a self-built small ship for own personal use
Note: Transfer of registration onto third parties of a self-built small ship, may not be carried out during the first 5 (five) years from date of Initial Registration.
- CE certificate of engine;
- Declaration of Conformity of engine;
- Photo of Engine Serial Number;
- Photo of Builders Plate;
- An affidavit stating that boat has been built for personal use by the person in whose name it is to be registered together with proof of construction such as material, equipment and machinery receipts;
- A Certificate of Survey drawn up by a Government Appointed Surveyor;
- Coloured photo of boat;
- Bill of Sale of engine which is to include Make, Model, Serial number and HP;
- A third party liability insurance certificate valid for a year from date of initial registration (for small ships with engines exceeding 9.9 HP); and
- Copy of ID Card / Passport of owner (for verification purposes only).