Authorised Recognised Organisations
A merchant vessel at the time it is being registered as a Maltese ship and during the period of its registration under the Malta flag must be classed with a classification society authorised to issue statutory certificates on behalf of the Government of Malta.
The list of these classification societies has been revised as follows:
- American Bureau of Shipping (ABS)
- Bureau Veritas (BV)
- China Classification Society (CCS)
- Croatian Register of Shipping (CRS)
- ClassNK (NK)
- Indian Register of Shipping (IRS)
- Korean Register of Shipping (KRS)
- Lloyds Register (LR)
- Polish Register of Shipping (PRS)
- Registro Italiano Navale (RINA)
Existing procedures requiring a ship by ship authorisation for a classification society listed above is to issue statutory certificates on behalf of the Government of Malta shall remain in effect.