Registering a Small Ship
Application to Register/Re-Register a Small Ship
An individual requesting to register a small ship on the Small Ships Registry must be eighteen years of age and have a residential address in Malta. Client is to call personally at the Ports Commercial Department, Small Ships Registry office together with the required original documents depending on the case. Once all documents are vetted and accepted by an Authorised Official, an application form is filled in and signed by the customer. Client may also wish to fill in and sign the application form beforehand and send all documents with another person.
Download application form
What you need:
The following links provide a list of what you need to register the boat according to the particular situation.
- New Registration (Brand new bought locally within the last 2 years)
- Registration of Boats Previously Registered on Another Register
- Registration of Boats Being Imported by Purchaser
- Registration of a self-built small ship for own personal use
- Re-Registration (boat previously registered with the Small Ships Register)