Conduct of Examinations
- Candidates must ensure that they are available for the examination 15 minutes before the start time of the slot to follow the invigilators pre-examination Instructions. If the candidate arrives after the recording starts, and/or without valid reason, s/he shall be prohibited from taking the examination.
- Mobile phones and any other communication or recording equipment must be switched off and placed in the locker provided. Examinations are closed-book. Any attempt to communicate with anyone outside the examination room or record an examination question will be very severely dealt with and may lead to immediate disqualification and you may lose any passes already achieved.
- Wrist watches of any kind are not permitted during the examination. Start time and finish time of examinations are regulated by the e-examination system and is visible to the student on the upper right-hand side of the screen. In case of a paper-based examination, start time and finish time will be taken from the clock in the examination room.
- Clothing during examination shall not include any type of head gear, scarves, ties, bulky jackets and large ornaments/necklaces. Candidates may be requested to remove any items which the invigilator might find unnecessary for the conduct of the written examination. It is the responsibility of the student not to bring any such items into the classroom. TM CAD will not be held responsible for any loss or damages of such.
- Bags and coats are to be placed in the area allocated and indicated by the invigilators but at all times away from the candidates sitting or the examination.
- The only items that are to be placed on the desk are the mandatory items i.e. In case of paper-based examinations; Exam Question Paper and Answer Sheet and in the case of all other exams conducted electronically and paper based; Annexes to the exam questions, calculator, CRP, ruler and dividers. Pens will be provided by TM CAD. All other items including pencil cases and CRP cases must be placed at the far end of the candidates desk and made easily accessible to the Invigilator.
- In the case of a paper-based examination, check that the details, including the paper number are correct on the cover sheet. In the case of electronic examinations ensure that the examination released for you to undertake is correct. Ask for the assistance of the Invigilator should this not be the case.
- In the case of a paper-based examination, do not make any other marks on the question paper or the answer sheet apart from your answers.
- Starting of the examination before being instructed by the Invigilator to do so will not be tolerated.
- Workings must be done on the rough working paper provided. No other paper can be used except the rough working paper and the answer sheet (in case of paper-based examinations). The rough working paper will also be collected at the end of the exam and it shall include your name, ID Card or Passport number, signature and date of exam.
- In the case of paper-based examinations, pens must be put down immediately when time is called, otherwise disciplinary action may be taken. In the case of electronic examinations, as soon as time is up for the subject the examination is automatically terminated and no further amendments to the answer selection can be made.
- No extra time will be given for the candidates to write comments. Any comments must be written during the exam time.
- If you wish to speak to the invigilator raise your hand. Silence must always be observed.
- At the end of the examination remain seated until all the paperwork is collected. If you finish the examination early please raise your hand and remain seated until all your paperwork is collected and checked, then if permitted by the invigilator leave the room quietly. Candidates may only leave the room if permitted by the invigilator. All the question papers (in case of paper-based examinations), appendixes and other writing paper used during the examination must be handed in to the invigilator. Write your name, paper number and date and sign all the papers and appendixes where you have done your working. All your papers will be placed in an envelope and sealed. Make sure you have returned all the papers and appendixes.
Any attempt to take a question paper (in case of paper-based examinations)or an appendix or text written during the examination out of the examination room will be very severely dealt with and may lead to immediate disqualification and you may lose any passes already achieved.
In accordance with ARA.FCL.300(e) and ARA.FCL.300(f) of Commission Regulation (EU) No 1178/2011 of 3 November 2011 as amended, any violation of examination regulations may result in the candidate being disqualified in any subject that has been taken and barred from further participation in future examinations for a period of at least 12 months.
In accordance with the provision of ARA.GEN.355(e) of Commission Regulation (EU) No 1178/2011 of 3 November 2011 as amended, the Civil Aviation Directorate may inform other national authorities that the candidate is banned from the examinations.
The examination room will be locked during the lunch breaks. Personal items left anywhere on the premises including the lockers area remain your own responsibility.