Civil Aviation Directorate
The Civil Aviation Directorate within Transport Malta regulates all aviation activities in Malta due to membership of the following organisations:
- The International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO)
- The European Civil Aviation Conference (ECAC)
- The European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA)
The Civil Aviation Directorate ensures that the Maltese air transport industry, in all its aspects, continues to be developed in a safe and efficient manner in order to serve the islands needs.
The Civil Aviation Directorate has a range of responsibilities and offers a selection of services to ensure the safety of those involved and to regulate all practices.
The Civil Aviation Directorate is responsible for:
- The safety of aircraft
- Aircraft and aerodrome operators
- Air navigation service providers
- The licensing of aeronautical personnel
- The conclusion of international air services agreements