Transport Schemes 2020
The Government of Malta is allocating 3.5 million in schemes, with the aim of sustaining the environment through greener vehicles.
- New Electric Vehicle with scrapping
- New Electric Vehicle without scrapping
- Second Hand Electric Vehicle
- Quadricycle or electric motorcycle
- New Pedelec
- New Cargo Pedelec
- New Electric motorcycle / scooter/ moped
- For Local Councils and NGOs
- For Businesses
Persons who have registered a car on the 1st January 2020 or thereafter and which qualifies for these schemes including plugin and electric cars may apply.
Applicants have the option of either:
- submitting the application form themselves at one of our offices ( Ħal Lija or Paola)
- send the application form by post
- the car agent/dealer submits the application form on their behalf.
Individuals must fill in the form only and send the required documents
In the case of companies , NGOS or organisations a state aid form should be filled.
Link to the Government Gazette edition when the schemes were published.