Financial Incentives 2023
Transport Malta administers a number of financial incentives aimed at improving the sustainability and accessibility of road transport. The incentives are listed below, along with links to webpages with more information about each incentive.
For a comparison of the average price to drive 100km with an electric vehicle and with a conventional vehicle, check here.
- New Electric Vehicles;
- Use of LPG as Fuel for vehicles;
- Category L Petrol Vehicles;
- New Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles;
- Retrofitting of Approved Photovoltaic Panels on Passenger Transport Vehicles;
- Retrofitting of DPFs and SCR Systems on Heavy Duty Vehicles;
- Retrofitting of Battery Electric Powertrains;
- Used Electric Vehicles and Conversion of Bicycles to Pedelecs.
The grant for the Purchase of Plugin Hybrid Vehicles launched in 2022 shall remain open only for vehicles ordered by 31st May 2022, even if such vehicles are registered in 2023 or 2024. No applications can be accepted for such vehicles ordered after 31st May 2022.
Page last update: 02/05/2023