Garaging my vehicle
1. If you want to garage your vehicle, you can call at the Land Transport Directorate in Hall B between 7.30 am and 12.00 to effect such transaction.
2. You will sign and fill in Form VEH 06 – Changes. We will ask for the Vehicle Registration Certificate, The Registration Plates and if it is still valid the Road Licence.
3. If your vehicle is company owned the Board of Directors can authorize through a board resolution either any Director or representative to call personally with your I.D Card stating the date when the decision was taken and the name of the representative who can sign the documents. The Company Secretary must sign this declaration confirming the decision taken by the Board.
4. Any pending road licences or pending fines/contraventions will have to be paid prior to the garaging process. All road license expired pre 15th November 2011 will be charged €2 late payment penalty daily. After 15th November, 2011, where the owner of a motor vehicle, licensed by the Authority, fails to pay for unjustified reasons, the applicable licence for that vehicle within three months from the expiry of the said licence, he shall be liable to an administrative fine, payable to the Authority, of €10.00 for each month the applicable circulation licence fee remains unpaid, with such amount not exceeding €100.00,(except vehicles on a licensed motor car dealer) will have to be paid.
5. A new scheme from 1st January 2012 has begun. If you want to garage your vehicle and licence arrears have to be paid, you can regularize it by using this scheme. With this scheme you can pay 50% of the arrears plus a penalty of €125. You have to provide also an affidavit. This scheme will ends on 31st December 2012. However such vehicle cannot be licensed and used on the road for a period of 3 months. Any contraventions, CVA and other fees must be paid. For more details click on Pol45 and Veh44.
6. There is an Administration fee of € 10
DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE